Test Studying Strategies

This forum topic is for students to self-organize study groups, etc.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Yasmin Olvera 1D

Test Studying Strategies

Postby Yasmin Olvera 1D » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:17 pm

Does anyone have any techniques or strategies they will be using to study for our upcoming test this next week?

Leah farhadi 1F

Re: Test Studying Strategies

Postby Leah farhadi 1F » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:33 am

I am going to go over the homework problems, the examples given in the textbook, the problems posted on the modules, and the worksheets posted by the UAs. I am also going to go over what we should know conceptually from outline 1 (i.e use SI units, Convert units, ect.).

nicknavejas1B
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby nicknavejas1B » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:10 am

I think the route im going to go with is the use of hw problems as a guide also. Ive taken this class before but dropped it shortly after the first exam, the questions were very similar to the hw problems.

Yasmin Olvera 1D

Postby Yasmin Olvera 1D » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:11 pm

nicknavejas1B wrote:I think the route im going to go with is the use of hw problems as a guide also. Ive taken this class before but dropped it shortly after the first exam, the questions were very similar to the hw problems.

Thank you, the test is going to be only on the fundamentals chapter correct?

Yasmin Olvera 1D

Postby Yasmin Olvera 1D » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:13 pm

Leah farhadi 1F wrote:I am going to go over the homework problems, the examples given in the textbook, the problems posted on the modules, and the worksheets posted by the UAs. I am also going to go over what we should know conceptually from outline 1 (i.e use SI units, Convert units, ect.).

The worksheet answer sheets are going to be posted this weekend correct? I wanted to look at those too

Karina Vasquez 1D

Postby Karina Vasquez 1D » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:51 pm

One thing I do a few days prior to taking an exam is make a list of what I know and don't know, that way I can be sure not to miss anything. Using the worksheets provided by the UA's, modules, and fundamentals section is what I use to study. What really helps me is watching videos that really breakdown the steps, I recommend Organic Chemistry Tutor, he was really great videos explaining many basic chem concepts.

Radha Patel 4I

Postby Radha Patel 4I » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:35 pm

I normally do these: review homework problems, ask questions about things I don't understand, and try my best to comprehensively understand the word problems we are given.

Return to “Student Social/Study Group”