Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin
- Posts: 18150
- Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:53 pm
- Has upvoted: 423 times
A stereocenter in organic chemistry is a carbon with four different atoms or groups of atoms attached to it.
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:25 am
Do we need to know this for the final?
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:04 am
if it is on the final, is it used as a concept question or something more than that?
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:19 am
I am not sure but if it is on the final I doubt it'd be very important. As long as you remember that basic definition
Nick Lewis 4F
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:18 am
Is it only a stereocenter if all the atoms are different, or can 2 or more atoms be the same?
Return to “*Stereochemistry”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests