Test Question

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Celine 1F

Test Question

Postby Celine 1F » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:09 pm

For the quizzes and tests for this class, are they mainly problem solving or will there also be concept based questions? For example, would we be tested on our knowledge on the photo electric effect?

Ariel Davydov 1C
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Test Question

Postby Ariel Davydov 1C » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:14 pm

From what I have gathered, you will need to know and understand the basic concepts surrounding the practice problems to an extent great enough to apply it to more difficult questions. Your knowledge of these concepts will be tested through your ability to apply them to sometimes even never-before seen problems.

Victoria Li 1L

Postby Victoria Li 1L » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:20 pm

I think they're majority problem solving i.e. using equations and making calculations. However, the select questions on the homework that require explanation make me think that there might be more conceptual questions later on. The last test was mainly calculations since the content we covered was mainly calculations.

Manav Govil 1B

Postby Manav Govil 1B » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:38 am

I believe that the test might be more calculation heavy, but have parts where we might need to explain a certain circumstance such as explaining the trends. I took AP chem, and that is what we had to do. I acknowledge this class may be more difficult, so it might adopt a different formula for tests, but I do think that it is important to know the why and how, especially for this chapter. If you would like extra practice for the upcoming midterm, I suggest searching up the frq's for past AP chem tests from Collegeboard. These problems should be similar to the ones we get on tests.

Return to “Quantum Numbers and The H-Atom”