Final Study Methods

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Princess Jereza 3C

Final Study Methods

Postby Princess Jereza 3C » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:39 pm

As we near the end of Chem 14A and the final is next Sunday, may I ask how any of you will study for the final exam? I did not do so well on the midterm exam and I would like to do much better on this final exam as it will be worth way more than the midterm. Like what do you guys plan on studying and which day, focus points or resources I should use. Thanks everyone.

Anna Chen 1K

Re: Final Study Methods

Postby Anna Chen 1K » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:56 pm

You should plan to study consistently from this point until the day of the final. You should attend the upcoming review sessions and workshops, review notes, and do the practice problems.

Brianna Becerra 1B

Postby Brianna Becerra 1B » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:58 pm

Something that really helped me was going to the review sessions as well as doing different practice questions to test what I knew and what I needed to work more on.

Nohemi Garcia 1L

Postby Nohemi Garcia 1L » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:01 pm

Another idea would be to redo the midterm questions. Since we got the test packet back, it wouldn't hurt to look over which problems we missed and get extra practice for what we went over at the beginning of the quarter.

Guzman_1J

Postby Guzman_1J » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:02 pm

What helped me was reading the textbook! Lecture makes it hard to absorb everything in for me, specially since the slides are just blocks of writing and going through the textbook instead lets me go over the material easily and at my own pace.

Patricia Chan 1C

Postby Patricia Chan 1C » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:13 pm

Reading the textbook is always a good way to reinforce information, especially since a lot of the midterm questions were conceptual. Attending step up sessions and workshops are always really helpful to practice. Hope this helps!

Nathan Rothschild_2D

Postby Nathan Rothschild_2D » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:39 pm

I'd agree, the best way to review would be to read the book and I would also recommend getting his tests from last year and going through all the questions, as well as redoing this years.

Megan Vu 1J

Postby Megan Vu 1J » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:52 am

For the exam, the textbook has a lot of information in order to study since it reinforces a lot of information! Also, I would go back and study the problems that he assigned within the textbook because there is a possibility of them being in the final. The notes do hold information, but I think doing practice problems help me more in my studying.

Jessica Li 4F

Postby Jessica Li 4F » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:04 pm

To echo the above statements, I know there are a lot of problems in the textbook that he assigns, but I'd just do all of them, or least all the different kinds of problems, as he does usually pull one question from the textbook and puts it in the test. I also think the UA workshops are very helpful, and review past tests and midterm problems would be useful.

Kurtis Liang 3I

Postby Kurtis Liang 3I » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:32 pm

What helped me a lot was attending the large midterm review session and going over the worksheet given many times in order to catch any mistakes I could potentially make on the test. For the final, I suggest going over missed problems from the midterm and going to future review sessions.

MAC 4G

Postby MAC 4G » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:35 pm

I think the best thing is to do as many homework problems, if not all, as you can. He likes to pull questions from the homework as well as make questions that resembles the homework problems. Reading the textbook is also a good idea to help you understand the information more in depth. I found that doing the review practice exams and going to the review sessions helped a lot.

Khushboo_3D

Postby Khushboo_3D » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:28 pm

What helped me the most was going to the workshop sessions which go over specific concepts in detail and also assign problems.

Return to “Properties & Structures of Inorganic & Organic Acids”