3 THINGS NEEDED TO DO WELL
1. ATTEND CLASS
2. ATTEND DISCUSSION SECTIONS
3. DO THE HOMEWORK
Dr. Lavelle’s courses also have multiple additional resources to assist all types of students understand concepts and improve their problem solving skills:
- Office hours every week
- Peer Learning Sessions every week
- Workshops every week
- Step-Up Sessions every week
- Helpful Teaching Assistants and Undergraduate Assistants
- Ask questions online any time, any day: https://lavelle.chem.ucla.edu/
- Review sessions
- Additional review material online (video modules and assessments)
The above in-person and on-line resources are both offered 7 days a week to encourage and support student success!
Use these resources.
Work Hard and Enjoy.
Book Award for Excellence in Chemistry
Once a year the student with the highest combined Chem 14A and Chem 14B score will receive a book of their choice.
The award will be presented the following academic year.
Wishing you a long-life full of good chemistry!
Dr. Laurence Lavelle
2005-2006 Justin Zaghi
2006-2007 Claire Sampankanpanich
2007-2008 Phillip Pham
2008-2009 Ke-Huan Chow
2009-2010 Sona Parikh
2010-2011 Yu Lim
2011-2012 Derrick Huang
2012-2013 Michael Veshkini
2013-2014 Arjun Sarkar & Iris Cong
2014-2015 Niharika Reddy
2015-2016 Ronald Yang